The Virtual Friend 1






Our lives got radically changed after that famous incident of 2009.That day, when a new coding of the digital system led to the release of an incredible creation of humankind “The Facebook”.But was it natural? It could be doubtlessly said that Facebook defied every single imagination and limits set by mankind. It invented a brand new position and stage for itself.But in layman’s term, it wasn’t something which was digestible for the time.Time has its own rule over every single object that occupies some space.It plays its own significant role to keep the things moving and to remove it when required.
I myself didn’t believe in all these fictitious things before.I believed that all these were rubbish, brought into rumor by all those people who have a lot of free time to churn out stories like that. I thought it to be the act of those who tend to make issues sensational, spicy and awkward to the maximum extent.
The next half of this incident will tell you that how technology puts it selves down before time, and how time plays its own game in every new thing that gets in its way. Time proves its worth always and summarizes that something supernatural does exist.
I entered Facebook in 2011, just nearly two years after the landmark site made its presence in the world. It was an official compulsion and also a part of my interest and curiosity that led my way to enter the world of social networking. Although it went fine in the beginning. Everything really smooth and amazing. I earned 1500 friends in just one year. My pictures and posts fetch maximum 0.5k likes always. Everything was going cool, I got interested in every single feature this site offered me.
It was a Sunday evening that day and I, as per routine was checking my notifications twelfth time of the day. Suddenly, a friend request popped in, and habitually, to increase my number of friends in the networking zone, I just mindlessly accepted the friend request. I didn’t check his timeline and even the about section of the person before letting him into my friend list. The request was from someone named Marx Shankar. A second later, the next notification was about the addition of mine to a certain group. After a little bit of clicking and peeping into his account, I found that he was just an old man. Seemed to be retiring from his workplace. He out of his unquenchable thirst of having a long friend list, like me, may have sent his request to each and every name he can figure out. His novice show and age appealed to my sympathy, and thus I granted him to do whatever he wanted. I didn’t bother much about the happenings in the group instead, I remain involved in my usual chats with my office mates. 

I occasionally used to peep into that group updates. The fishiest thing of that group being the posts, which were just pictures, of sea, nature and all other uncommon things, seemed to have been taken originally. The photos secrete a type of love for the living. Those photos, although I don’t like or comment on them, conveyed some type of message. As if, had been specially carved for me. 

The Virtual Friend 2

Comments

Popular Posts